Friday, September 24, 2021

Koala Love

Julie Williams from Little Cotton Rabbits comes out with a new pattern ever so often and it's time for a new one! I just couldn't wait to knit this one up. It's so cute. I did modify the pattern a little around the nose and I used eyelash yarn for the chin and ears. It's Bernat Boa in white (Dove). The Koala herself is knit in Premier Just Yarn in grey tweed purchased from the Dollar Tree. I love the yarn from the Dollar Tree. The clothes are mostly Caron simply soft but I do use whatever color I need and if I have to, I strip a ply or two off to make it the right weight that I need. 



The only worsted weight yarn I won't use is Red Heart Super Saver yarn. It might be OK for afghans but it is too coarse for my animals and I don't like the finish that's on the yarn. It feels like it has been sprayed with starch. I know it washes out but I don't like knitting with it. 

I make little dresses and sweaters for them all the time to have on the ready in case I want to dress them up or make a new animal so I had this color work dress all ready to go and the Koala just came along at the right time for it. I'm still making doggies too but I fell in love with the modified dresses designed by Suzanne Palmer aka suzymarie on Ravelry. Or you can get some graph paper and design your own patterns.






Her pattern modifications are free. Go get them! I decided to make this one a girl and since I really don't like to work any harder than I have to - I knitted the shoes and socks in. I really don't like doing them separate but that's just me.




She's so cute and she can sit up. The back of her dress holds her in the sitting position. I just have to make some more of these! 







No comments:

Post a Comment