Friday, May 7, 2021

Ballroom Dancer cards

Not just ballroom dancers, but also ballerinas! I have to admit that I did not really like these card dies when I first saw them. I think they've been out for a while. I would not have ordered the dies or decorated them as shown on the examples of them that I saw. Just didn't care for them until recently.




I really had to study them for a while to get inspired to make them. That, and I got a used set of dies for cheaper than half price. I did re-cut and used my colored pencils on these to make them look the way I wanted. I left a little room on the backs for a personal note and signature. They really are like playing with paper dolls. 





I know they are suppose to be in shadow and the card is suppose to give an ambience to evoke a feeling you get when you dance, but I thought the people should be a little more detailed. Not much but a little. Colored pencil was perfect for adding a personalized touch to them. 




I think I'll make more of them. Anniversaries and birthdays... or you can decorate that ballerina for the Nutcracker at Christmas. I think you could turn either one of these into a holiday card if you wanted to. I would not call them typical "cards". They are more of the automata paper sculpture to me.



Oh these are so pretty. They also remind me of the music box dancers and what little girl didn't have (or want) a musical jewelry box when you opened the lid the ballerina danced around and round?

I don't remember if I had one or not but if not, I know I always wanted one. I'm really liking making these cards a lot and it's fun to dress them up.



No comments:

Post a Comment