Monday, March 1, 2021

Serious Yarn Stash Growth

Since I started knitting and crocheting again, my yarn stash has been growing rapidly and I'm having some serious growing / storage pains. I have yarn in the closet, in bags in several places, in storage boxes, and I keep buying totes to put them in. It's time I got to organizing all this stuff before I start buying duplicate colors and yarns. That's what happens when you don't know exactly what you already have.





So I saw this shoe rack and thought it would be perfect for some of my smaller skeins of yarn, not the regular ones because they are longer and need more space to store. I could put another one on the inside of the closet but I need to see the yarn. This rack can also be wall mounted if you have the wall space. I don't. See how the bigger ones are hanging over the edge while they wait for me to get more organized?






I also bought some foam core board to make some cube storage for the bigger skeins and some foldable fabric cubes too. Foam core shelf units can be made to fit any space and it's perfect for lightweight yarn and project storage. Cardboard boxes can be covered and used too but they don't look as clean and neat. My yarn is overflowing already.





I probably will always be arranging and re-arranging my yarns by type and colors because that's always changing as I buy new yarn and work up projects. I love yarn! Still looking for some DT premier "flowers" yarns and hope I can find more colors. 

Michael's has some new yarns call Flecks and it's a little like the flowers yarn but the flecks and tufts of yarn are not as big as flowers - but I got one of each color anyway. It's probably as close as I'm going to get since Premier discontinued its flowers yarn. That's why it's in Dollar Tree. I'd love to find it in red. I love the novelty yarns too.



No comments:

Post a Comment