Friday, March 5, 2021

Little Piggy Girl

Well, this is the last animal in her whole series of animal dolls that I've made using Little Cotton Rabbit's patterns by Julie Williams. I have made one of each animal, either a boy or a girl - but I'm nowhere near done making these wonderful dolls.




There are enough variations of the dolls and their clothes to keep me busy for quite some time. It's probably a safe bet that I will also be making any new dolls she comes out with too. They are by far my favorites of all the dolls I make.





And they come in different sizes so you can keep busy with them for as long as you like. I really feel like my knitting on these has improved with each one. I'm now pretty good at the seams and feel like I've nearly mastered the mattress stitch. My tension with the yarn is tighter and more uniform throughout the dolls. 





I saved the piggy for last and she is my new fav, but I say that about each one I make until the next one is done. I love them all! The deer and the lion are two add-on variations I haven't made yet. You can get the lion variation on Ravelry for free just sign up and search for it. 





The only changes I made on this piggy are: I colored the snout and inside ear with darker pink chalk pastels, I needle felted the spot on her face instead of knitting it in, and I made her tail with an i-cord instead of using the pattern instructions. The thing that makes them unique is what you change up on them. I tried to stick pretty much to the patterns but you can use these patterns to make unique animals and clothes with a little imagination and make them completely your own.

I just love those little shoes and anklets!


No comments:

Post a Comment