Friday, February 26, 2021

It's a Rhinoceros!

I've been working on this for the past couple of days off and on. I've been really busy in between the stitches.



This little pattern is from the first Pica Pau book by Yan Schenkel and it's so cute. I used a two ply worsted weight which is about the same size as a lightweight or a number three yarn. I split my yarn because I have all the colors in worsted and practically none in any other weight. 

He turned out a little smaller than the pattern at 11-1/2 inches tall. The book yarn instructions make him 13-1/2". But I prefer my animals around 8 - 11" tall. They are just so much cuter and easier to handle with my limited display spaces. You can make them any size just by changing your crochet hook and yarn weight. I used a c/2 hook on this one.





Got my little Rhino done isn't she/ he cute? My colors were muted and my pink wasn't showing up too well so I did a little trick to bring out the color. I use chalk on a Q-tip to darken the pink flowers so they would show up.

I wanted to show how cute the undies are underneath the outer pants. You can do patterns in crochet but they are not going to be straight up and down because crochet has a lean to the stitches whereas knitting doesn't. I love the embroidery on the shirt too. 

Another animal I am in love with! I will do more Pica Pau animals but I have to finish a little baby boy pattern first. His name is Bo and he's Lula's little brother. Also I've been working on some bugs... More to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment