Sunday, February 7, 2021

Sweet Little Foxy Girl

 I've done about 11 animals so far and this is the second one from Little Cotton Rabbits patterns by Julie Williams that I made. 





More intarsia work on the foxes faces. Also, there is a supplement to the pattern that lets you make them into deer, antlers included. I had a little trouble with the size of my yarn. It was a little coarse for this gauge. It's a Hobby Lobby brand called Yarn Bee and most of it was not this coarse but this color was so I won't use that yarn again. Don't like it at all.

Next fox will be made with a softer thinner brand of number 4 weight worsted. She's a little bigger than the rest of the animals in this series and I had to completely re-do her feet and socks altogether. They looked like balloons in this yarn.

I have many more colors and softer yarns now but I only had a few to work with back then. I don't like HL's Yarn Bee yarns and I don't really like the RH Super Saver brand either. They are too thick and coarse compared to the other softer brands. But I do like the RHSS colors so I will use a smaller needle with that yarn if I really like a color. I won't buy Yarn Bee again though.

She still turned out pretty cute and I made her a little yellow cardigan to go over her dress but I might make her a green or pink one. I love playing with the different colored yarns and these animals have mix and match outfits.

I love making the clothes. I could make a whole wardrobe for each of them. The sweaters are so much fun to make and Julie Williams has patterns for shoes and purses for them too. I've made a few other patterns up from other makers but these are my favorites so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment