Friday, February 12, 2021

Monkey Monkey!

 Another pattern from Little Cotton Rabbits and Julie Williams, the monkey girl is sweet as can be and I just had to make her for Valentine's Day. Her little dress looks like it has little hearts on it to me. I loved working this pattern.





I used a dark red for the dress and I made a few changes. I almost didn't buy this pattern because I wasn't liking the face so much but I decided to make a few changes that I liked better. 





The first thing I did was make the ears bigger. I wanted my monkey to have big ears. I also used plastic eyes and a contrasting plastic nose on mine. I tried to shape the head a little fatter and I made the mouth a little different. I'm also getting better at lining up the pattern seams with the mattress stitch. Love that little monkey tail!




I've been so busy making animals that I almost didn't want to take the time to take pictures of them. I've downloaded a few free patterns to work on too, bought a couple of amigurumi books and gotten other patterns from artists to work on between making these patterns but I'm pretty much determined to make at least one of every Julie Williams animals for my zoo. 




I've figured out that I can make a boy and a girl from just one pattern and just use my previous clothes bodies and patterns in different colors for them. I haven't made the 7" dolls or the mini ones yet. 










No comments:

Post a Comment