Monday, January 11, 2021

Bunny Rabbit

 I did finish the dress I was working on. It is for a little black and white rabbit. The rabbit is the third animal I've knitted from Little Cotton Rabbits patterns by Julie Williams. I love these patterns and I've only found one mistake in the pattern so far but not on this animal. I'm now working on my fifth knitted animal and I so hope my interest in them lasts through spring because I'm really enjoying making them a lot.




The patterns give you several different variations for making them different each time you make one and I want to make about a dozen of each. I'll probably make a couple of dutch rabbits and I've got two sizes of patterns so far. I'm buying them a couple at a time until I collect them all.


  


I just bought her Badger girl pattern and that's what I'm working on today. Every one I make is my new favorite! I recently completed the boy elephant and I am absolutely in love with him. I'm getting a crash course in knitting with each one. I get to use all the colors and do all the fancy stitches I've ever wanted to try with these projects from color work to intarsia - nubby textures to cables AND the mattress stitching was a challenge. It's something you have to practice to get good at. My back seams will get better.




I love making the shoes and socks and I got her separate shoe patterns too. I love this little rabbit! I hate to take time away from them to do other things. It's like I'm on a mission to make these things... lol.






No comments:

Post a Comment