Friday, January 8, 2021

Crochet Revisited

 I love to knit and crochet but I'm in a knitting phase at the moment. I don't know how long it will last but as long as it does, I'll be making little knitted animals. At least that's my plan. I go through these little crafty spurts. My last crafty spurt had me crocheting birds.




I still love to crochet and if I see something I want to make then I'll drag out the crochet hooks again and work on that. One thing I recently fell in love with was crocheting with string. I'd never tried it before and I fell in love with a bird pattern online so I had to make me some parakeets.




I used to have real parakeets aka budgies years ago but I can't have them now because of my cats. But I can make some stuffed toys that really look like them from a distance and these are so cute. I made a bunch of them up and gave a few away to friends. Love, love them and I'm going to make some more of them some day... and maybe even finish the ones I have done that still need beaks and eyes.




I use Hobby Lobby's brand of Egyptian cotton string and I bought the pattern from TNGiftsUA on etsy. The color variations on this are endless. 

I modified the original pattern and made my own type of wings on some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment