Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2026

Blasts From the Past Minis

I re-discovered some things in a box that I made a few years ago while I was recently searching for something else (which I didn't find). So now I'm off in a different direction! I've actually had a creative block for the past month or two but I'm a serial crafter so all it takes is one little thing to spark my creativity again. I just have to wait for it to hit me. So I've been thinking about taking stuff I already have and making something new with it. 





Isn't this the cutest thing? My mom actually washed our clothes in one of these and it looked just like this one! I might make a laundry room. I made this wringer washer from a tutorial at 1 Inch Minis by Kris way back in 2018 and I think it's the best looking wringer washer tutorial I've ever run across. It's so clever I wish I had thought of it! I'm so proud of the way mine turned out. But it's been sitting in a box waiting for me to make a place for it to live.

TIP: I found the wire I needed for the drain hose and plug in cords in the cheap electronic phone accessories section at the dollar store. The hook is florist's wire from the floral section.




I'm getting ready to make a room box so I can use some of the miniature stuff I've already made. I really don't have room for any more dollhouses but I can make room for rooms on a smaller scale... maybe. I want to make some more furniture and I might want to make a garden room too with pots and plants. I don't get bored working on miniatures but I do run out of room for larger projects.




I also have this little bird cage I made following the instructions from Studio E Miniatures by Elizabeth. I just love these and I'd like to make more of them. They are made of wire, jewelry fitting and packaging card from cereal boxes. 




And last but not least, I loved making these pieces for the living room. They look so professionally upholstered but they are all glue and no sewing. Fabric could modernize these a lot and you can adjust the pattern for a more modern look too. I have to find a way to use these. They look so good. They might need a few pillows though. Hint: They are made with foam core board, poly-fil or batting, heavy card and a glue gun. I love that they are no-sew.








This furniture is another tutorial by 1 Inch Minis by Kris , I can't decide which room I want to make first.







No comments:

Post a Comment