Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Now It's a Marker Summer

I have discovered acrylic markers. I love markers because you don't have to clean out any brushes. I hate cleaning brushes. I usually let them sit in water until the cup dries up and then I have to soak them in alcohol to get the dried up paint out of them. So... markers are great! These are collage cats from instructions on Terry Runyan's YT channel. I tried watercolor but I like more control over where the paint goes. Here's my page of collage cats:





I have wanted to try Posca markers for a while but they are cost prohibitive so there are alternatives that are more affordable and just as good. Ohuhu makes markers. They make acrylic markers, alcohol markers and just plain marker markers. I got the acrylic ones because I love acrylic paints. So I'm using them with watercolors and gouache on watercolor paper.






I've been drawing some animals again and trying different painting methods. I start out following Terry's instructions and then I go off on my own. I got a great idea while working on these. I make paper frames for my little practice paintings to use as refrigerator magnets. They also make cute little gifts.





So I got a page of colored squares painted for future paintings as a creative block buster. When I can't think of anything to paint I just draw something on a square and paint it in. It's hard to ignore these little boxes of color and you can get great ideas just by looking at them.







I'm having a lot of fun with these paints and animal drawings. It's turning into a pretty nice Summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment