Saturday, May 1, 2021

Birdhouse Cards

 It's a beautiful day for gardening... and making birdhouse cards inspired by Anna Griffin dies and paper tricks. I did use some paper tricks for the roofs and I also hand painted and embellished some of the details with acrylics and colored pencils. I got creative with the leaves on this one. I painted the edges gold and dabbed two colors of paints on them instead of embossing them.




I'm getting in a spring mood now. I love the way the colors pop. The next one is so delicate and pastel. Such a change from the first one. I cut paper strips and notched out grooves on them. Them I just overlapped them and glued them down so they would look like fake shingles. And I used more leaves from Anna's foliage dies. They are perfect for decorating birdhouses.




I used a mix of flowers and birds from all my kits. This has been keeping me pretty busy. I've got more to make. I'm pretty much hooked on bird houses now. Probably will be for a while.







No comments:

Post a Comment