Friday, January 12, 2024

Oh Marie! Love Those Shoes!

I've been a big Marie Antoinette fan since way back. Love the frilly, love the girlie stuff and I love to make beautiful things. So I went gaga when I first saw these Marie Antoinette paper shoes about 14 years ago. I used Anna Griffin papers and die cuts to make mine.




First a little background. There used to be a Marie Antoinette mail art swap group on Ning 13 - 14 years ago. I was a member for a short time and really enjoyed making and trading all things Marie on that group. I think they moved to a new group hosting platform years ago but I really haven't kept up with them.





But I found the pattern again and cut out a modified version in these Anna Griffin papers and die cuts. I just brought the sides in a little at the middle and made the heel a lot shorter. You can make the shape of the upper several different ways. These are gorg! 






I remember Terri Heinz from Artful Affirmations who had a shoe swap in that group back then. I love her site and even though it's no longer being updated, the site is still up and you can go get her FREE SHOE PATTERN for her Marie Antoinette paper shoes there and cut them out yourself. She even has a video showing you how to put them together and you can also find it on her YouTube site Joyful Compass that's still up.

.

 




So I decided to drag out my old shoe pattern and make a few little pretties. Anyone can take her pattern, (it's free) and modify it and make their own version of Marie shoes. I was inspired by Terri to make these. She gives you options for modifying them on her YouTube channel and shows you how to put them together so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel here. Just go watch Terri's video and she explains all you need to know.




I used my Anna Griffin papers and Beautiful Birthday Concentric die cuts and a few others to decorate. I think Anna Griffin is coming out with her version of these shoes soon. I also found some pretty bling at the Dollar Tree. Love those big faux jewel stickers! Go stock up on those while you can. I only found them at two out of four stores I went to! I used gold foil paper decorative die cuts I already had to make these and made some extras to cut up into shapes that fit the top of my shoe. I modified Terri's pattern a little to shape them and make them flatter but you could make them thick and put heels on them if you wanted to.




I really played around with these. They were so much fun. I made a journal with some Marie Antoinette shoes in it too! It's almost done.




I also did a freehand pattern of the shoe in the size of 2-1/4" that is cuter than anything. I made them into paper clips! They are so cute I can't hardly stand it! I will be giving that pattern to my crafty friends if anyone wants it. Get the .pdf pattern here






No comments:

Post a Comment