Saturday, December 2, 2023

More for Less? or Less for More?

As much as I love Anna Griffin products, and you know I do! It is not the only paper crafting product I use when I paper craft. And paper crafting is not the only hobby I have. I like to mix these beautiful die cuts into my journal making. My latest purchase is the Anna Griffin Christmas Wishes card making kit for 2023. I hadn't bought one since 2019. I got it on a Black Friday sale so I didn't pay full price for it. Wasn't too sure about the pink. I'm not a Barbie pink person... which I'm sure is a sales feature for many products this year. I had to warm up to the pink and red. I think they clash but I couldn't pass up the price at the time. About a dollar a card! You can buy cards for a dollar at the Dollar Tree but not like these cards!

 





But Anna just launched a new site because her shopping cart crashed on the old site with the Create 9 after sale event which I do not participate in... ever. Just too many issues getting in and trying to purchase something with so many people doing the same. So I don't buy very much from her site. I'm still having problems getting access to some of the classes I had before.




I understand that a lot of her followers and customers complain because her beautiful layered cards cost a lot to send in the mail. They can get pretty thick with all those gorgeous layers. I know some people are charged up to four dollars a card for postage in some post offices when they make you pay parcel postage on them. It depends on the card and the postal worker. You get a different price with each card it seems. It's happened to me.




So I think the reason for the one inch false bottom in this years Christmas and Birthday boxes is because Anna is trying to please her customers by giving them a product that will go through the mail at one or two stamp rate... meaning not as thick. So this year the box highlights are card toppers. All the layers are already flattened in an appealing design so you don't have to add a lot to them. Voila - less postage! At least I think that's the reason. 





But with no explanation, I was a little shocked to find the false riser in the bottom of my box. This has never happened before, at least as far as I know so I posed the question in a group to see if anyone noticed it in their box or if this was a new thing. They noticed it and they didn't like it any more than I did. Someone remarked it was "shrinkflation". Someone else said they just took it as an extra space to put their finished cards... which happens anyway when you make them. And someone jumped on my post and turned it negative.

Sorry this is a little bit of a rant so first of all - I'm entitled to my feelings and I felt a little cheated with an extra inch of air in the box when I'm expecting a full box like before. BUT - I did not say "shady business practices", you did. Don't put words in my mouth. It's not shady business practices when you buy an Easter basket and the basket is filled with wadded up paper because you know that is presentation for a wow factor from a child, and you expect that. Either buy it or don't. I simply want to know if this was going to be a new thing or just a one off and if anyone else noticed. That's all I said about it. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't creep into all her products.




Still love Anna products and will still buy what I like of them but when I see something I don't like, I will speak up. 99 percent of the time I'm a happy positive person who enjoys everything around me. We all have a right to question things we don't understand and say so when we don't like something. I can't control if you take it the wrong way. JMO  

P.S. I would respond in the group but my post was taken down, not by anything I said but by the person(s) who made assumptions and got nasty. You know who you are. My rant is over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment