Thursday, November 9, 2023

Let the Fun Begin! Create 9

Well, this is it. The crafting event of the year is about to happen tomorrow. Anna Griffin's Create 9 and if you love paper crafts then this is for you. I love Anna Griffin dies and paper sets so this is what I look forward to.




I won a ticket to Create 8 last year and was over the moon. This year I had to do a little juggling to make it happen but I was able to get my ticket at the last minute. 




You really get a lot of crafty goodness in those boxes. All the materials plus extras and three days of class instruction on how to make this beautiful stuff happen. It's like a paper crafter's convention in real time on Swapcard. You have access after the live events too in case you missed something.




Last year I made a few things in advance because I wanted to participate and watch the classes and I didn't get stressed about it trying to keep up. That was the best advice I got before the event. This year I also made stuff beforehand and just left the ones I couldn't figure out. I will just make a few more things during the class but I'm not going to feel rushed since I've already got most of it done. You can't have too many ornaments or tags. You could say I got the hard stuff out of the way.




The one thing I didn't think I would like was the Christmas crackers. They are so easy to make without dies and they always look pretty. I cut mine out with my paper cutter instead of dies because they are just straight cuts and I lost the ribbons that came with them but I have more ribbon I used instead. I really liked making them so that was a surprise.




But the main thing I loved about this box was that gorgeous photo album. I didn't like the colors at first but by the end of cutting them out, I was in love with it. I even found some photos to go in it but I'm not showing it until after the event.


 


These are my scraps in the lid from all the projects. Boy do I have some organizing to do to move all the leftovers into my stash when this is over. I've looked forward to this all year. What a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment