Friday, August 27, 2021

Beagle Boy and his Wardrobe

My latest LCR pattern is for making dogs. The Dalmatian was my first one and the Beagle is my second one.. I also want to make a few more. Maybe a pug and a terrier. My next one will be a girl puppy. I'm getting a small collection of dresses made. So I had to have some place to hang them up until I get the critters made.






I made his sweater first. I've been wanting to knit a little cable sweater for a while. This one is faux cable but it looks just as good. 




I also made him so he could sit down and his tail supports him.  Then I decided to make a wardrobe for the clothes to hang on. I used three little wooden boxes I got from the dollar tree. The fronts of the drawers had little butterfly cutouts so I turned them around to put my own door knobs on them.




I made it mostly from poster board and these three little boxes, and a dowel. It makes a darling place to hang up my LCR clothes. And I'm thinking about making a storage wardrobe trunk but I haven't gotten that far yet in my thinking. It will probably be made from dollar tree wood and masonite signs. Their signs are pressed board (aka masonite) and is easily cut with a utility knife.




The side shapes are layers of poster board glued together to a thickness of about 1/4". 




I made the knobs out of polymer clay and push pins. 





My little animals can store their clothes in style now! It cost me about five bucks to make. I already had the glue, dowel, knob pieces and paint. 





No comments:

Post a Comment