Friday, March 12, 2021

Donkey! Donkey!

I got him done and he's so cute you know I just have to make more of them. He needs a bigger brother. 




I don't have a lot of dk yarn but I'm going to get some. I usually just divide my 4 ply worsted weight yarn into 2 ply and it does give me the right size of dk. It's best to use the coarser yarns like Red Heart Super Saver because it is thick enough for the stuffing not to show through.



But I used a softer yarn, Premier Just Yarn that I got at the Dollar Tree for this and the stuffing does show through, although it did give me the right size for the finished project. Coarser yarn divided into 2 ply with a c/2 hook works up a little tighter and you can overstuff it. But it can be fixed with a needle and thread if it starts to really bother me.






I am in love with this little donkey! He worked up in a couple of days of on and off crocheting. I don't sit and do this for hours on end. I move around a lot and I'm on the go fairly regularly. But he went pretty quick. 




Just go to Amigurumi.com and sign up for the ami-along. There's a new pattern every month and you can ask questions if you run into a snag. Happy creating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment