Sunday, January 3, 2021

Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!

There are so many yarn sales going on now, it's not funny and of course I had to get in on it. I have not knitted or crocheted in a couple of years so about a year ago I donated about half of my unused and unwanted yarn to a friend of mine who was just getting started in crochet. And I'm glad I did.




If you haven't used it in a while, why not get rid of it? You can always buy more. And there are different kinds of yarn so what I was making two years ago does not use the same kind of yarn that I use now for a different set of projects. I'm using softer and more lightweight yarns for my knitted toys than I used for crocheting afghans. Yarn has always been a passion of mine.

That being said, I no longer feel guilty for splurging on something I love for myself. It's about time for a little self care I think.

I got in on two different sales. Hobby Lobby has a sale about once a month so I caught the 30% off all yarn sale and got some really pretty yarns BUT the mother of all sales and the one that sucked the money out of my pocket was the Joann's Yarnormous Sale... their brand of Big Twist yarn at only $1.99 a skein was a no-brainer. But I was after the Caron Simply Soft yarn at three for nine dollars. And of course I had to have some super saver jumbo skeins for $6.39. And the Lion Brand Basic Stitch was only $2.50 a skein. It is so soft!




I check the sales and I never pay full price for yarn, even if I have to use coupons. I'm so glad I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment